As water quality continues to be a growing concern worldwide, many people are turning to advanced filtration systems to ensure their drinking water is safe and free of contaminants. One such solution is the Alexapure Pro, a gravity-powered filtration system that requires no electricity or plumbing to operate. In this guide, we will discuss the various components of the Alexapure Pro system, how to set it up, and tips for maintaining its performance.
Understanding the Components of the Alexapure Pro System
The Alexapure Pro is a simple yet highly effective water filtration system that utilizes gravity to remove impurities from your drinking water. It consists of the following components:
- Stainless Steel Chambers: The upper and lower chambers hold the unfiltered and filtered water, respectively.
- Filter Element: A specialized ceramic filter that removes contaminants through a multi-stage filtration process.
- Spigot: Allows you to dispense the filtered water easily.
- Lid: Covers the upper chamber to prevent contamination during the filtration process.
Setting Up Your Alexapure Pro for the First Time
Before using your Alexapure Pro, you'll need to assemble the various components and prime the filter element. Here's a step-by-step guide to getting your filtration system up and running:
Step 1: Wash the Stainless Steel Chambers and Spigot
Rinse both the upper and lower stainless steel chambers with warm soapy water to remove any manufacturing residues. Be sure also to clean the spigot by opening and closing it several times while submerged in soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry all parts before proceeding to the next step.
Step 2: Prime the Filter Element
To ensure optimal filtration performance, you must first prime the filter element. This involves saturating the ceramic material with water so that air bubbles are removed, allowing the filter to effectively remove contaminants. Follow these steps to prime your filter:
- Place the rubber priming washer on the threaded end of the filter, ensuring the rubber side faces outward.
- Hold the filter under a faucet, ensuring the water flows directly onto the rubber washer.
- Turn on the faucet slowly until you notice water seeping through the sides of the filter element. It may take a few minutes.
- Continue to run water through the filter until it starts dripping steadily from the bottom. Once this occurs, your filter element is fully saturated and ready for use.
Step 3: Assemble the Filtration System
Now that your filter element is primed, you can assemble your Alexapure Pro as follows:
- Insert the filter element into the hole located in the center of the upper chamber, ensuring the threaded end protrudes through the bottom.
- Secure the filter element by attaching the plastic wing nut to the threaded end, making sure it's tight enough to prevent leaks but not overly tightened.
- Place the upper chamber onto the lower chamber, aligning the filter element with the central hole in the bottom chamber.
- Attach the spigot to the lower chamber using the included hardware, ensuring a snug fit to prevent leaks.
- Position the lid on top of the upper chamber to complete the assembly process.
Using Your Alexapure Pro Filtration System
With your filtration system assembled, you're now ready to begin filtering water with your Alexapure Pro. To do so, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Fill the Upper Chamber with Unfiltered Water
Pour water into the upper chamber, filling it to just below the top edge. Be sure to replace the lid after filling to prevent contamination during the filtration process.
Step 2: Wait for Gravity to Work Its Magic
As gravity pulls the water through the filter element, contaminants are captured and removed, leaving purified water in the lower chamber. Initially, the filtration process may be slower due to air pockets within the filter, but it should speed up over time. For the best results, allow the water to filter completely before dispensing.
Step 3: Dispense the Filtered Water
Once the water has filtered through, open the spigot to dispense the purified water. If needed, you can transfer the filtered water to another container for storage or immediate consumption.
Maintaining Your Alexapure Pro Filtration System
To ensure your Alexapure Pro continues to provide clean, safe drinking water, it's essential to maintain the various components properly. Here are some tips for keeping your filtration system in optimal condition:
Cleaning the Filter Element
Over time, the filter element may become clogged with contaminants, reducing its flow rate and overall effectiveness. To clean the filter, disassemble your Alexapure Pro and gently scrub the outer surface of the filter element with a soft brush or sponge under running water. Avoid using soap or other cleaning agents, as they may damage the filter. Re-prime the filter after cleaning, as described in Step 2 of the setup process.
Replacing the Filter Element
The lifespan of the filter element depends on the quality of the water being filtered and the frequency of use. On average, the filter should be replaced every 5,000 gallons (18,927 liters) or when its flow rate significantly declines despite proper maintenance. Always use genuine replacement filters to maintain the highest level of filtration performance.
Cleaning the Stainless Steel Chambers
Regularly clean both the upper and lower stainless steel chambers with warm soapy water to prevent the buildup of residue or bacterial growth. Rinse thoroughly and dry before reassembling the system.